Sunday 15 September 2013

Outcome



I must apologize to all of you who were keeping up with me on my adventure to Ecuador. It has been over three months since I have been back. It's been even longer since I have updated you on my trip. Since I have been home, I got a job, went on a few weekend trips, and now I am busy hitting the books. 

But I am sure you don't want to hear about that stuff. 

To summarize the last part of my trip.. I made my way from the south of the country, into the cloud forest, along the coast, and finally back to the amazon where I left my heart. 
Oh, and of course the Galapagos... A highlight of the trip.
I met many amazing people along the way. I met people who both directly and indirectly change my life; changed my thinking, my perspectives, my beliefs and values, my hopes and desired.

Each experience challenged me to face my fears, express my emotions honestly, and to believe in myself. 
I didn't just jump off a bridge. I faced a fear. Took a risk. 
I didn't just sit on the wrong bus and wind up 1 hour in the wrong direction.
 I made a choice and followed through until the end.
I didn't just tube down a river. I scraped my knees and hit the rocks. But I got back up after every bump.
I didn't just follow a boy. I followed my heart. Trusted myself. 
I didn't just live in a stranger's house. I made friends. Family.  
I didn't just give up when I was lost, confused, alone.
And in the end I felt incredibly free. I felt like me.

This experience has changed who I am as a person. I am confident, brave, trusting, compassionate. I am me. I am finally the person I have always wanted to be.
I am now able to continue my journey to self discovery.

Where will I end up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment