Monday 6 May 2013

Vilcabamba



I left Loja Friday night to Vilcabamba. I took a taxi up the mountain to Hostal Izhcayluma. It was dark, but I knew the place was going to be gorgeous as the driveway was enclosed by forestry. I was a little concerned about the distance from the town, but I certainly do not regret staying at this retreat! I can't even begin to explain how incredible it is.
Bar area 

View from the Dining room
In the morning I woke up and ate a delicious breakfast - fresh squeezed juice, fresh fruit and bread, crepes, and coffee. I met some friends the night before and we decided to go on a hike. It was a 5 hour hike in the mountains and was called Izhcayluma Loop. Since the altitude is much higher than Guayaquil.. I had a really hard time (no, it wasn't because I am so out of shape.... and i blame my STILL achy muscles on the altitude as well.)



Just a little sketchy....


After our hike, we went for some well deserved pizza and beer at local restaurant. My friends had some Snake Liquor which was.... interesting. I think after dinner everyone was a little tipsy. The rest of the night was dancing. The next day was spent relaxing by the pool and figuring out where I will go next!
Looks tasty right?

1 comment:

  1. Um.... Tasty??? I don't think so! Did you have some of that? Eeeeeyuk! I'm not sure that I would have but who knows?? The place you stayed at looks real nice. I can see how it would be hard to leave. Once again, it's great to hear about your adventures and the pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete